Starting an online dating conversation doesn’t have to be hard. Consider these tips for dating app conversations starters for your next match.
So you’ve set up your dating app but aren’t certain what to do next? When it comes to dating app conversation tips, there are a few things to keep in mind. Using a dating app can be a great way to meet and connect with others but there are some simple tips that everyone should be aware of as well.
Online Dating Tips: Ideas For Dating App Conversations Starters
How do you keep a conversation going online dating?
Most times, online dating means that there is a ton of conversation in the beginner. This is because of the way that you’ve initially met and it’s just the way that it goes.
It’s super simple to send a private message or instant message at any point in time during the day so having a conversation constantly during your initial “get to know you” phase is something that every person tends to go through.
How do you have good conversations on the dating app?
What about the point in time where you feel like you’ve run out of things to say? While you might have this thought, don’t worry. There is literally always something to talk about. You’ve just got to be willing to step outside of your comfort zone and talk about things that you might not normally talk about.
Ask questions about current events, weather, holidays, family, anything really that you want. It’s a good idea to stay away from politics and religion since that are typically taboo topics that aren’t really that important to talk about when just getting to know someone.
What’s a good conversation starter for online dating?
Casual questions are always the best. Ask about favorite foods or what they like to do in their spare time. If you’re a reader, see if they have a favorite book or author that they enjoy.
There are so many safe topics that you can bring up and talk about when you are first meeting someone online. And usually, casual conversation starters will lead to other topics and ideas pretty effortlessly as well.
How do you flirt on chat?
What a good question! Since you’re meeting and talking to someone online, there’s a good chance that flirting is going to happen, or at least try to. But is it even possible to flirt with someone via chat? Or is that better saved until meeting in person?
If you want to flirt with someone online, try to type out some silly jokes or something wacky like that. It’s a fun way to break the ice and see how they handle your attempt at flirting.
Dating App Conversation Tips
The biggest thing to take away when it comes to dating app conversations is that you want to keep them as fluid and as fun as possible. Use this time to really get to know the person before you agree to meet up and go on a real official date.
1. Ask the questions that matter to you
As long as the questions aren’t overly personal, ask the questions that you want to know. Not only will they see what you’re wanting to know but it’s a great way to dig deep and really get to pick their brains and mind as well.
2. Don’t be afraid to speak up if there are topics or questions that you don’t want to answer
Some people don’t know or understand boundaries and what this means is that there might be questions that are asked that you might not feel quite comfortable with. When this happens, be confident enough to stand up for yourself and not answer.
3. Be positive
If you haven’t met the person officially yet, try not to unload all of your current life stressors on them. Keep it light and keep it positive.
4. Skip the small talk
It’s a new era of dating. “hi”, “what’s up”, “how are you” are great when you meet in person. In this day and age, those conversations will get lost in the fray. Start off with something that piques the other person’s interest or makes them laugh.
5. Proofread your messages before sending them
Spelling and grammar errors don’t make a good first impression. You don’t need to be a literary genius, but try to avoid any major word blunders.
Dating App Conversation Starters For Online Dating
- I saw that you’ve been hiking, what’s your favorite hiking spot?
- Just finished (XYZ), what’s next on your Netflix watch list?
- I see you like to travel, where’s your next stop planned?
- I need a new playlist to listen, what do you recommend?
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
- Would you rather visit the beach or the mountains?
- You’re gorgeous, I really like your style.
- Hello fellow foodie, I’m eating at an Italian restaurant tonight, what should I order?
- I saw that you did (XYZ) in one of your photos, what was that like?
- Did you say you DON’T like (XYZ), what is that about?
- You look like someone I would beat in mini-golf, up for a challenge?
- In the next five years, one of my goals is to (XYZ), what is one of your goals?
- What’s the last (XYZ) that you (ate/went to/visited/watched/listened to etc.)
- For someone that doesn’t have a lot in their bio
- I can’t get a good read on you from your bio, so I’ll just tell you how cute you are.
- For someone that writes a lot in their profile
- I noticed that you put a lot of time into your profile. I also like to type lengthy comments and hope that people will read through it all. Do you think you’ve been successful in holding someone’s attention, if so, what has your success rate?
There’s no shame in being confident in your conversation skills and the topics that you do or don’t, want to talk about.
The biggest thing to keep in mind when it comes to dating app conversations is that they’re a two-way street. If you have something that you want to talk about but the other person doesn’t, respect that and talk about something else. And in that same breath and statement, they need to do the same for you.
If they’re not responding, consider them a boring match, and move on.
Conversations are important but it needs to be something that both parties are excited about and willing to participate in. Otherwise, it’s forced and not fun for either person involved. If you use these simple dating conversation tips, you’ll find your conversations to be a very pleasant experience.
- How To Make Your Dating Profile Stand Out To Get More Matches
- Online Dating Tips: Beginner’s Guide To The Best Dating Apps